Lets kick off this Thursday with something to look forward to....a refreshing cocktail! If you've had as hectic a week as we have over here at Charme Silkiner, then you will appreciate a little libation to end the day. I love finding unique cocktails to mix up after a long day and this one fits the mold perfectly. Aside from the darling shade of pink, this drink has a subtle rose undertone in the flavor, which is great to share with your girlfriends or as a starting drink for a dinner party. Guests will most definitely be impressed with your mixology skills. Try it out and check back next week for more fun cocktail recipes. Cheers!
1.5 oz of Hendrick’s gin (this is a rose & cucumber infused gin)
.75 oz of Rose syrup (make at home with rose water and simple syrup or buy locally)
.25 oz of Fresh lemon juice
.75 oz of Fresh grapefruit juice (ruby red preferably)
2 dashes of Peychauds bitters (Peychaud is credited with first creating the cocktail)
1 Cardamom Pod
1) Lightly muddle 1 cardamom pod at the bottom of shaker (not too much muddling or it will overpower the drink)
2) Add the rest of the ingredients
3) Add ice
4) Shake for 20 seconds
5) Strain over fresh ice to remove the cardamom pod
6) Add a splash of seltzer water
7) Garnish with rose petals or fresh lemon wedge (use organic if possible)
Comments will be approved before showing up.